Sunday, February 10, 2013

New frame

 Recently, I just took my Gary Fisher mountain bike down to a local bike shop in town just to get it tuned up.  When the mechanic was doing some cleaning on my mountain bike, he found a crack where the water bottle mount was located.  He told me the frame needed to be replaced or the frame would crack worse and break in half after more riding.  He said it looked like a manufacturing mistake.  So I knew the frame had lifetime warranty and I took it to the bike shop up north where I bought this bike from 3years ago and showed them the crack.  After about 3 weeks, I got a new frame and this time it was a Trek frame, not a Gary Fisher.  The story is that 3 years ago, Trek Bicycle Company bought Gary Fisher and Gary Fisher won't be logoed anymore but still use the same Gary Fisher technology and call them Trek Gary Fisher Signature Series.  I really like the black and white sleek frame and it's still light.  I still have the same 2010 parts on it but the headset is new, and also the bottom bracket and front derailler because of the upgraded technology.  I took it for a ride and I am stoked!  It feels nice and can't wait until I go a bike ride on it.
Old frame but I still miss it.  I did love the graphics and colors on it.  I will have good memories on it.  RIP 2010 Gary Fisher Superfly frame.

No comments: