Sunday, February 10, 2013

A little hiking

 While all 3 bikes were broke down(fat bike needed new bottom bracket, mountain bike needed new frame, and road bike was getting a tune up), I felt like I still needed to do something.  I took hiking back to attention.  I got in the car, took Duke and drove up the road from my house to Gordon's farm and started hiking.  I did dress for it, I had snow hiking boots and gaiters and took a water bottle.  I climbed up to the screen on Bald Mountain.  The road up to it was partially ridden on, well, just one four wheeler, so I followed one of the tracks.  Duke had a blast and so did I.  It was super fun and good exercise.  And good cross training, especially for the winter.  The view at the top was awesome.  Then later that weekend, I went on the hike again and this time it was easier and I wasn't sweating as much.  The weather was beautiful, ok, maybe not, but for Utah it was.  This is perfect cross training for me because I love to hike.  If mountain bikes didn't exist, I'd be a serious hiker.  Hiking is my second favorite outdoor vigorous activity after mountain biking and cycling. 

No comments: