Friday, December 11, 2009

Timberhawk's first modular home!











We have built this house all in the shop. They wanted us to build it in 3 weeks but with all the figuring out and the first time doing it, it took 5 weeks. 5 weeks to do all the framing, electrical, plumbing, sheetrock, painting, cabinet assembly, siding, etc. It's not too bad I thought. We built this home in 3 sections and panelized the garage and shipped all of it to Nephi in one day, also assemblying it on the same day. Then we did the roof and touch up stuff in 2 weeks. Like all the plumbing and electrical connections, siding and sheetrock finishing, carpet, etc. It's not too bad of a house, since it's so small, it is a good starter home at a total of $160 grand. See the timber truss and posts for the porch? I did all that in the shop myself. Of course I am the timber truss guy for the business, it's not my first one, this is like my 12th one since I worked there. Not bad, eh?

7 comments:

Putz said...

not bad at all dan.....you even were involved with the home that had cabinets in it, like your old job in manti

Daniel said...

They will have all this building the house on video on the website, timberhawk.com....I don't think they have it on there yet but they do have another video of what we do in the shop working on wall panels and assembly the walls at the jobsite. I am not in that one but I will be in a lot of scenes of the modular home video.

Tony said...

That timber truss is killer!

Tony said...

What happened to your nicer camera? I can barely see the timber truss!;)

Daniel said...

I still have that camera, I just don't seem to carry it around with me anymore. I need to take better pictures, I know!

Tony said...

I like your new pictures..the tv above the fireplace is a nice touch!!:)

Daniel said...

It's cool, it's a plasma and the whole home is operated by itouch. Built-in speakers for surround sound and everything. I think all of that goes with the home.