Monday, April 28, 2008

St. George/Zion/Brianhead/Candy Mtn. trip....

View of part of St. George from the trail.
Some moto and buggy land for Tony if he wants to go there.

Brian Head Ski Resort with melting snow.



Big Rock Candy Mountain with no Lemonade Springs.
Cedar Breaks
Cedar Breaks
Brian Head Peak

Dad collecting rocks from everywhere he goes, even at high elevations.
The Putz and I went on a trip to St. George for me to ride my mountain bike on the Green Valley Race Course again. It was a blast. There was not one soul there and I don't know why. We stayed in Super 8 in Hurricane and watched a few movies on HBO and watched the Jazz game which lasted a long time. The next morning we decided to go through Zion and go home on Highway 89 instead of Interstate 15. When we got to Zion, the fee was(wtf) $25 and dad didn't want to pay it. There was a crapload of people there(lot's of cyclists and motorcyclists on the road, that's where everybody was) too. We turned around and decided to drive to Parawon and go up that canyon and go through Brian Head and to Panguitch and back to home. It was a very pretty drive with all the snow and everything. I was planning to bike at Brian Head this summer sometime and so I am because it got me excited driving through there. We saw Panguitch Lake and Big Rock Candy Mountain on the way home. There were no springs there which they used to call it Lemonade Springs. Anyways, the Putz collected a lot rocks all the way from Hurricane to Sterling. It was fun for both the Putz and I.

7 comments:

Skybob said...

Pretty sweet! How come you never go to Moab?

Skybob said...

We actually would like to go to St George someday. There is a place called sand hollow etc. We like to try new places every now and then. Caineville was a new place until last October! Holy crap, I love Caineville!

Putz said...

THE BIG ROCK CANDY MOUNTAIN....I SWAM IN HURRICANE,,,,we saw the big white throne and the three king ..s in ZIONS and then went to panquitch lake to highway 89 where i got a picture with a big bear in front of a quikie storeg.....we saw BRYCE CANYON FROM ATOP THE HILL...we had waffles for breakfast, watched the jazz game and watched a conehead movie...

Skybob said...

Just like my kids! Picking up rocks where ever they go!!

Daniel said...

I don't go to Moab because I just don't want to. I should though, really. Right now, it's just more crowded than St. George. But I am sure when you go out on the trails of Moab, it's not crowded at all. Most people are in Arches and stuff. Caineville sounds sweet, glad you found your destination. I just went on the Race Loop up in the foothills today and that is good as Moab or St. George. It's just you can't ride around here early enough.

Skybob said...

Yea, it's not crowded where we go down there. You should try porcupine rim, or klondike bluffs, or copper ridge.., but whatev.
I can't decide if Moab, or Caineville, or....it's all good! If caineville wasn't sized down.., holy crap it blows my mind to think about how mind blowing it would be! Sorry to disagree, but Ephraim is not as good as Moab or Caineville...especially on a dirt bike, or a buggy. Caineville is huge, and I still come to a fence much more often than I would like! I guess Caineville is my destination of choice for now, but I still like to try new things...,and old things occassionally to mix it up.

Shell said...

Looks fun. We used to go to Big Rock Candy Mt all the time. It was fun. I liked going there.