Saturday, May 26, 2007

One hell of a climb!



Today, I decided to go to Fairview Canyon and do the Widowmaker to get away from the crowds of the Scandevian Festival in Ephraim and Ephraim Canyon during Memorial Day Weekend, I tell ya, it was one hell of a climb. I was going the lowest gear and max. heart rate all the way up. It reminded me a lot about the mountain bike widowmaker race from Gad Valley to the top of the tram in Snowbird. I felt the same way as I felt in that race. It was hard and I about died at the top. I made it to the snowboard park in Fairview Canyon in one hour and then I turned around. It got really cold up there. The temperature on the climb I say it was about 65-70 degrees and the top was about 55, it was perfect for the climb and the downhill was great. I was bombing down at 40 miles per hour. There was still a lot people on that road but not as bad though. It could have been worse. Well, I will go later again this year and go all the way to the top during peak season. I really like to go up Ephraim Canyon because of the mountain biking and stuff. The climb there is good too which I do every week. I love to climb, it's what I do.








3 comments:

Becky Barlow said...

That's cool that you can do that. I can barely walk up a hill. But I guess I'm okay with that.

YZGuy said...

Cool!

Putz said...

Very impressive. I especially like the picture of you Daniel.