Sunday, July 9, 2017

Navajo Lake and Kanarraville Falls


I went down to Navajo Lake to meet my brother's family.  Navajo Lake is in Cedar City Canyon near Duck Creek.  I went earlier so I can do a bike ride around the lake.



The trail itself is around 12 miles with 900 feet elevation gain.


I'm impressed with this trail because the Forest Service keep this trail maintained and the dead fall cleared up.



It's a lot of up and down hilly riding with a 1.5 mile climb at first.  I enjoyed this trail very much and loved it.  Very scenic and no one else there.  I only saw one other mountain biker but it was at the trail head.  But I didn't see anyone else at all while riding the trail.


Pretty cool lava rocks in the area and at 9,000 feet, very cool.



Pretty.



My brother came around 7:30ish and we camped at the campground there.  We got a very nice campground.



The next morning, we drove down to Cedar City and hiked Kanarraville Falls.


It's a pretty crowded trail with a lot of other people on it.


....we didn't seem to mind it though.  It was very hot and the first part of it, we had to do a lot of climbing to get to the canyon.



We fiinally got into the river.  Very cold!  But it felt nice on a hot day.



Going in the slot canyon.



All of us.



The first water fall.


This is the turn around spot.


Pretty cool!



When we got back, we were tired and had a picnic at the trail head.  I went home after that, but my brother's family went back up to Navajo Lake and stayed another night to do more stuff.  I wish I went up with them though.  I still had a fun little trip.

No comments: