Sunday, May 15, 2016

Cedar City Spring of 2016


This weekend I went to Cedar City to check out the new stuff there.  There's been some new trails being built and there will be more being built later on.


On Saturday, I did Thor's Hideout out in the hills by Cedar City.  It was great, kind of steep but really good.  Because of the steepness, it's not a beginner trail.  It's great for me and I liked the trail.


I climbed all the way to the top and then down Red Hollow Trail.  There were some trailbuilders fixing the trail and I stopped and talked to them.  They told me they are building 15 miles of more trail in the area starting in end of May.  I'm looking forward to it.


Then I went along the Razorback Trails back to the trailhead and did Thor's Hideout again and back down Thor's.


The next morning, I did some more new trails in the southwest part of Cedar City, Lichin It and Lava Flow.  Great loop!  I did a couple laps.


Lichin It is a very low grade percentage climb to the top and really fast.


Lava Flow downhill flow trail has lots of berms and rock gardens.  Very enjoyable!
It was a fun little weekend trip.  I kind of wanted to do Three Peaks again like last year but it was very windy all weekend and these trails I did were perfect for the gusty winds because they were mostly north face trails with mountains blocking the southwest winds.  Well, fun!

1 comment:

Tony said...

Looks Awesome.