Friday, March 28, 2014

The Softopper made in Boulder, CO


I got something to add to my truck to make me want to drive it around more.  A topper thing for the bed of the truck.  It's pretty versatile, I can fold it down if I want to load big stuff in the back and I can fold it up to sleep in it or put tools in it.  And I like the style of it.  It is USA made so it is pretty well made and should last a long time.  It will be good for Moab trips so I can sleep in the back.  I also traded in my tires for some better tires.  When I bought this truck last year, it had mud tires on them and I really hated them from day one.  So it took me a year to get rid of them and they still had a lot of tread on them so that means I didn't drive my truck around at all.  I put only a thousand miles on my truck since I bought it a year ago.  Now I think I drive it around more since I put on some all terrain tires on them and they are more quiet and they are better on gas.  That's pretty much what I used my tax refund this year, a Softopper and tires.



In the future I want to get this system and use it to load very long lumber on my truck and this is also made from Softopper from Boulder, CO.  I think this is a great idea to load stuff like this, you can also load a canoe with it.  Well, sometime.  When I have more money.


Also, in the future, I want to get an 1upUSA hitch bike rack system for my car, parent's car, and my truck.  It's versatile and also made in the USA.  I hear good stories about this rack and it's supposed to be the best in the market. You can add up to 4 racks on your hitch but I am just getting one since I always go by myself all the time. I'm still keeping my Thule rack on my Subaru roof but I will use the 1up hitch rack for my fat bike for my Subaru and use it for both the mountain bike and fat bike on my truck and parent's car.

 

I can also fit my fat bike on this rack if I get the fat bike adapter kit for an extra 34 bucks.  It's that easy!  I want to get this whenever I have a lot more money.  If the day ever comes!  In my dreams.

6 comments:

All Consuming said...

Dan, I'm a blogger friend of your dads. Is he ok? He's been away a long time now and I'm concerned. Michelle.

Daniel said...

Well, the computer's broke down again and he lost his kindle so he's not really on the internet much these days but he is all right.

Daniel said...

Well, the computer's broke down again and he lost his kindle so he's not really on the internet much these days but he is all right.

All Consuming said...

Most appreciated Dan, tell him we miss him but are glad all is well and we're sending love from me, Snow and Rhymes. :)

Daniel said...

Ok, sure will!

Daniel said...

Ok, sure will!