Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Canyonlands

 Here's some random pictures of Canyonland's Island in the Sky my parents and I went to go check out.  Beautiful country.  We were in awe.

 Mesa Arch

 Wow.



 Awesome.



 Upheaval Dome.  Either a metoer crashed in or something else happened.
 Awesome switchbacks.  No, we didn't drive on this road, not part of the Island of the Sky tour drive.  My parents would have a heart attack anyway.
 Dad lovcd every minute of the tour, he even started remembering his river raft trip in Cateract Canyon when he was 14 or 15.  The following Sunday, he talked to his old leader on the phone to Tooele to talk about the memories.  I even had to look for the phone number on the internet.  It was awesome.  Also, how his leader is still alive.
 These cliffs were amazing.
To those who have never been there, you are missing out!  Even my parents were glad to see this before they die.

4 comments:

Tony said...

Good stuff. We've done those switchbacks a time or 3, schafer trail switchbacks, really nice drive and it use to get us into canyonlands the back way. Still have never done the whole white rim, keep saying we will some day.

Daniel said...

Yeah, you need to. It's just too damn long.

Caddie said...

Gorgeous scenes, Daniel. Life is so enriching, especially with those you love. I loved your Dad's blog - love him and his sense of humor. Coax him into writing again - Please? We readers don't know if he is okay or not!

Daniel said...

Well, I'll try, the desktop computer's been broke down for a while. As soon as the computer is fixed I'm sure he will blog again. He is ok and doing good so don't worry about him. I'm sure he is thinking about all of you. I will tell him that you miss him.