Monday, April 23, 2012

Great Escape

 Whoever made all these new bike trails should get the Pultzer's Prize!  Seriously!  Now I love Moab riding.  The next day after I did the Klondike Bluffs riding area, I decided to drive up to Dead Horse Point Highway and then go down Jim and I Bridges(Gemini Bridges, I call it "Jim and I") Road then park at Jim and I Bridges parking and then start on a brand new trail called Great Escape.  I wasn't in the mood for another big ride like what I did the day before, so I did the 7.5 mile Great Escape Loop.
 Starting of the Great Escape
"Jim and I" Bridges below


 After Great Escape, I go northwest on Little Canyon Singletrack and Arth's Corner Trail to finish the ride.  It was fun and technical but not as technical as EKG I did yesterday!  It was a great ride and loved the scenery especially when I did this ride like at 9 in the morning before all the crowds came.  It was beautiful.
There are many trails from Gemini Bridges turnoff at the top that go down all the way to Portal Trail near Moab.  These series of trails are called the Magnificant 7.  They are all 27 miles long and someday I want to try them.  It goes through Gold Bar Rim.  There's a new trail in that area called Gold Bar Singletrack.  You do ride a little bit of the jeep trails to make the ride but it's mostly fun, technical singletrack for mtbers. 
Arth's Corner

3 comments:

Tony said...

sounds like some neat trails.

Daniel said...

Yeah, they were great!

Daniel said...

Yeah, they were great!