Monday, April 23, 2012

Klondike Bluffs Ride

 I remember back in the day when Moab mountain biking was all just jeep roads and the famous Slickrock Trail.  Now in the past five years, at least 5 new mountain bikes only trails were built each year(I am not sure, but it seems like it).  I found out about most of them and wanted to give them a shot.  This area I tried is the Klondike Bluffs Riding Area, it consists many singletrack trails instead of just the Klondike Bluffs Road.  This place made me more excited about the area. 
 At first I did the Dino Flow Trail, then Baby Steps Trail which most of it was dirt and maybe 35% of it was slickrock.  It was great fun and it was all climbing to the top.  I had a good climb.
 Dino Flow Trail
 Baby Steps
 Baby Steps Slickrock
 After I did Baby Steps, I went on a brand new trail that was just barely built this year, called UFO.  More climbing and singletrack fun.
 UFO had a few Switchbacks also.  After UFO, I went downhill on a technical Little Salty Trail then Dino Flow then the hardest part EKG!  EKG is pure fun and all slickrock with a bunch of tricky sections.  At the bottom, I went on Dino Flow all the way to the north end side, the went southward on EKG, I bailed out down Little Salty and finished the ride south on Dino Flow back to the car.  The ride took me around 3 hours and I think it was a total of 22 miles!  I was beat.
I don't know when I will go again but maybe when I want to go another fun, hard ride.

No comments: