Friday, August 13, 2010

Group Ride lastnight...




In order to reach my membership in the race team requirements, I had to guide a ride. I guided a ride with another rider, Greg. We decided to take everybody to Lambert Park in the foothills near Alpine, UT. I told Greg I wanted to go there and try them because I've never ridden them before and I heard good stories about these trails.
About 8 people showed up and we had a blast. The trails were just very windy and very snaky. They were easy though, not much climbing, but you could still get a workout. The girls stayed together and the boys in front went where ever they wanted. We had quite of few beginners and they had a lot of fun. At the end my computer read 11.75 miles with an hour and 22 min. of riding. I got a good ride even though I am not fully recovered from all my races.
Lambert Park has many trails you can choose from, it's like a playground and you can ride all over. It's open year round and they have a race every February called Frozen Hog which riders have a blast in the snow. They say all you do is more walking in the snow.
Well, now I know some more good trails to ride on in Utah County, I had a blast on them.



2 comments:

Tony said...

Sounds pretty cool. Where did the pictures come from?

Daniel said...

utahmountainbiking.com