Friday, August 13, 2010

24 Hours of Moab or BUST!











Greg asked me like a month and a half ago(at Solitude race) if I wanted to do the 24 Hours of Moab with him and some other guys. I told him lastnight I would like to and I am excited about it. We'll be the Clydesdale group and we are going to try to shoot for 2nd place in the Clydesdale class.
There will be four of us as a team and we will be taking turns. The course is 15 miles of jeep road with 1,300 vertical feet of climbing per lap. Greg told me we each will be doing it like three times during the whole race. So I will be doing it once in the afternoon or evening, then once during the night hours(in the dark), then once during the sunrise on Sunday morning. The race goes from noon on Saturday 'til Sunday at noon. Whoever finishes the most laps in a 24 hour period, wins.
Most people like to do this race solo, duo, coed, or a team. There will be some fast riders out there and this will be great. A great endurance race in the end of the bike season. Most endurance races are always held during the end of the season. That's when everybody likes to do them.
To train for it, I need to get some lights for my bike to practice riding at night, Greg told me I should get a handlebar mount light for like $130, then one of those energizer headlights for the head.
This race will be held on the first weekend of October. I am going to get me a medal this time.

1 comment:

MoabUtah said...

Moab has another event 24 hour weekend, Outerbike.com, where there will be 2011 bikes available to ride on Moab trails before you see them in the retail shops in 2011.
It begins on Thursday if you can arrive early.