Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Race #10: Rock The Canyons XC Grand Finale Race



The mountain we climbed.

This was mainly my last race of the year. It was a great day and the race started at noon so it was kind of hot though. The Canyons Resort is located north of Park City and it is the biggest ski resort in Utah with like 24 lifts or so. I have ridden the trails in The Canyons Resort before so I knew what it be would like, I just knew the downhill part but the climb up is a trail I never have ridden on before. At first, each category did the half lap(pink trail going up), then down Holly's Downhill back to the start/finish line. Then all the categories did laps on the big lap. Going up Rosebud's, then Rob's trail which was a tough climb. After the climb, it is a sweet downhill(hairy though) down Ambush and Holly's Downhill. My class did a half lap and a full lap while everybody else did a half lap and two full laps, the professional did half lap and 3 full laps. I liked this one because I was in a really good mood for a day of climbing that day so it was perfect. I placed 7th. At first I had a slow start then I started passing everybody on the full lap climb. This was a very good long climb with a long downhill. Just like the trails in where I live. See ya next year for all the races again. St. George is next in March, 2010.


15 comments:

Putz said...

lots of snow before march 2010

Daniel said...

Not in St. George!

Tony said...

Nice write up truecamper! Your blog is cool. I thought I saw you on the vid, but it was another dude.

Daniel said...

Yes, there were a lot of Mad Dog racers in the video but none of them were me.

Putz said...

well dan just went and bought mini mom: "the car"

Putz said...

well dan just went and bought mini mom: "the car"

Putz said...

well dan just went and bought mini mom: "the car"

Daniel said...

I call it the "Subaru Outback".

Tony said...

So,..what made you decide on a station wagon?

Tony said...

did you really get a station wagon??..why not get like a mid-sized truck like a ranger or something? 2001 rangers range from $3500 to $7000 where the outback ranges from $6500 to $9000. The ranger mpg ranges from 15 to 21 mpg while the outback is 20 to 22. The ranger has real 4wd and durability that can get you anywhere you would need to go in the mountains. you could get one of THESE, and/or even one of these with the money you save, then fold the top back to hual lumber, dirt, rocks, lawnmowers, junk, couches, furniture.. an atv.., plus they have real reciever hitches with real towing capacity to haul trailers or something, and they are cheaper to maintain... You planning a family soon?

I know my opinion doesn't mean shit to you, but...Just curious.

by the way, what's wrong with your old car?...or mom's old car? or grandma's car?....if you're just buying another 4 door car, then...well, why buy another 4 door car?? Don't get me wrong..do what you want I'm just blown away at your buying habits, that's all...just had to put my 2 cents in. sorry.:) Barbara and Putz told me I was STUPID for buying my bronco, but it was the best thing for me and did exactly what I needed at the time, so you gotta do what's best for you I guess, still I can't figure you out for the life of me. next thing is another brand new mtn. bike I'm sure, instead of maintaining the one you just got, but "THAT'S JUST ME"...right? HAhaha:) seeya dude.:)

Daniel said...

Actually the Subaru Outback is 27-28 mpg on the highway and 21 in the city. Same as my Geo. I don't drive in the mountains, I RIDE my bike in the mountains. I don't want to spend my time driving a truck in the mountains, I'd rather ride my bike. I want to get the car I like, it's a free country. I don't want to make you proud, hell no. I just want to make myself proud and be myself, not you. When I get my own house or something, I will get a truck just to haul things.

Tony said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tony said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tony said...

Sounds good.:)

Tony said...

I didn't know it got that good mileage either, that's great! The info I was looking at actually pegged the subaru at 21 and the ranger 15 to 21, but I am guessing the 4wd option on the ranger is in the lower range of the two. I guess I could have just given you the info and kept my opinion to myself, sorry.