Sunday, February 22, 2009

First big ride of the year!



2 hours. 13 minutes, and 34 seconds(2:13:34), that's how long the ride was. Pretty good during February in the Utah mountainlands. It was at a decent temperature, barely, to go out for a long ride today which was at 55 degrees in the afternoon. I started from 5 mile Junction(Pigeon Hollow), went through Spring City, Mt. Pleasant, to Fairview on the backroads and back to the junction. It was 35 miles long and I just gunned it. I went so hard and was having so much fun. Did some climbs and threw in a couple of sprints(watching the Tour of California in the past week motivated me). I hope it'll do for the mountain bike race in St. George in two weeks, I think. I got a lot more rides to do to get ready for the race, I just don't know how I am going to do, I haven't raced in 8 years so I am just going to do the best I can and see how I do and work from there.

2 comments:

Putz said...

he stopped by in mountain pleaseant to see us all visiting grmma lus at her harvest home reiterement center and then continued on to fairvie and beyond....well my naptime now

Skybob said...

Sounds like a good ride!