Saturday, September 20, 2008

Upcoming Trip: Mesa Verde and Durango trip...Oct. 16-18

Mesa Verde
People hiking on the Animas City Mountain Trail above Durango, CO


Mom, Becky, and Joshua has U.E.A. Oct. 16th and 17th and everybody wants to go to Mesa Verde. I am going, Mike and Laura, and everybody else. Tony is invited. We are going to sightsee Mesa Verde and stay in Durango for two nights. I will be mountain biking on the Animas City Mountain Trail near Durango. The trail is 6 miles long with a very steep climb for 3 miles. I will do one or two laps. I have ridden the trail twice many years ago when I was a teenager. The weather in Mesa Verde and Durango should be in the upper 60s during the afternoons. So, a nice warm jacket will do. Everybody bring a jacket and don't wear shorts.


15 comments:

Skybob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Skybob said...

So, Mike/Laura, Beck, You, Mom, planned this trip together?
Have fun.

Daniel said...

I don't know who planned it.

Daniel said...

Mom told me that she asked you if you wanted to go about a couple months ago and you said no. I don't know what hell happened. Do you?

Daniel said...

I put you down you are invited to keep you in mind. Like if you were going to change your mind or something. I thought all along that you said you didn't want to go...according to mom.

Daniel said...

If I offended you in this post, I am sorry.

Skybob said...

I guess maybe I misunderstood. I remember her saying that she wanted to go to mesa verde sometime, and I said I didn't think we would want to go because the expense etc. of staying in motels, resturaunts etc. Then, I thought we talked about maybe making some comprimise or maybe we would stay at a camp park, then I talked to Shelly about it and she really wanted to go, but I guess I missed the fact that mom was going on UEA weekend for sure. We have been planning a Moab trip that weekend for quite some time. We talked to mom about it tonight and it sounds like this is just something that she has wanted to do and she is doing it her way regardless of what we do so I don't think it's a big deal if we just don't go on this one.

Daniel said...

Ya, I guess so.

Putz said...

see putz for moscow russia trip during uea

Putz said...

upcoming trip to moscow russia

Putz said...

oct 16 t0 18, moscow russia trip

Anonymous said...

You guys will love Mesa Verde! It is so cool. Lots of great hiking and really neat stuff to see. Durango is also really fun! I wish I could at t you guys! Have a great time and post lots of pictures!

Daniel said...

I know Karen, I have been to Mesa Verde with you. Remember that Barbera and Grandpa Harold were there. We went to the Bar-D also. I remember that Mesa Verde was really awesome. I would like to go again. I just hope it doesn't snow while we are there.

Anonymous said...

Yes Daniel I remember going, in fact I found some pictures of all of us and I want to ppost them on my blog. It is fun to see everyone! I know you will all have a great time!

Skybob said...

Looks like the weather should be nice this weekend! Are you guys heading down Thursday morning?