Sunday, July 20, 2008

Spin Cycle Mountain Bike Trail Blast!

Yes, we went to Deer Valley again. We went up there for Becky's birthday and it was on her birthday. I went mountain biking in Deer Valley/Deer Crest area while mom and Becky shopped. We all had fun but I think I had the funnest though. This time I went down the Spin Cycle Trail in the Deer Crest area of Deer Valley Resort and went up the Pipeline Trail back to the Snow Park Lodge area. I did two laps and it took me 1 hour and 45 minutes. It was a good pure fun ride. The bottom of the Spin Cycle Trail had some kind of ravine and the trail went up and down like a snowboarder on a halfpipe. I call the section "mountain biker's halfpipe". That was definitely my favorite part of the ride. The climb of the Pipeline Trail was a good climb and a great workout! I have a Spring City Road Ride next weekend with some other people to do a 50 miler, all I have to do is pay $5 for the t-shirt and go ride and have fun. BUT, I rather go mountain biking, I am going because my counselor asked me to come. I hope it will still be fun though. Then Aug. 2, I am planning to mountain bike some more in Snowbasin Resort near Ogden. Keep biking while summer lasts!
This damn huge 22 story hotel is in the way! UUUUUGGGG! You can see the trail right there and I wonder what's going to happen when the building is finished. All well, the Spin Cycle trail goes right through people's million dollar backyards and I am sure the motel people will let this trail ride by too. Park City is like the most bike friendly people I know but I still think they are ignorant. You know? Rich folk.

10 comments:

Skybob said...

Sounds like you had a good time. Are the shopping pics going to be on the Bark?

Daniel said...

I asked Becky if she took any pictures of them shopping, she said "nope, sorry". I guess they didn't have fun. People who have fun, take pictures, that's the rule.

Shell said...

I went shopping this weekednd also.

Happy Birthday Beck.

Putz said...

ya, mom is one of those rich folk you are talking about daniel, she just never stops

Becky Barlow said...

Well, for your info. Mom and I did have a blast shopping. I bought a shirt that I think I'll like. Sorry that I don't have any shopping pics Tony, I was having TOO much fun - unlike Daniel :).

Daniel said...

Well, if you were having so much fun, why didn't you take pictures for memories? I don't think you had fun, you were only there a couple hours Beck. I had more fun than you did.

Skybob said...

Isn't shopping where you go and buy stuff? How in the hell is that an activity?.. You mean....you, uh,..uh, so...um, you do this for fun?? It seems like something you just do when you have to buy something..someday someone will have to explain this "shopping" stuff to me. They have internet now..you don't have to go to the store anymore to buy stuff...except for food etc., just click and yer done! It's much more painless than shopping at the store. I mean it's like me saying "I am going poop today", for fun. It's just something that happens, it's not really an activity..is it??

Skybob said...

..I would still have liked to seen some pictures though.

Daniel said...

Well, from years of learning, shopping to girls is an activity. For boys, it's going to hell. I don't like shopping either, shopping to me, feels like work. Shopping to girls, feels like play. It's bad though because your money just disappears because your wife spends it on something useless, it's probably because it's on sale or she likes the color or whatever but she doesn't "need it". When I buy clothes or whatever, I just go in and walk towards it without looking at other stuff, look at the size(don't try it on), then just buy the damn thing. Girls, on the other hand, goes in, look at other things for an hour on the way to the item, after she gets the item, she tries it on like 5 different sizes, then changes her mind, look for something else, then it takes another hour to find what she likes, she buys it along with other stuff she wasn't planning to buy, then after she buys it, she looks around the store some more for another half hour. Girls seems to just like shopping I guess, there's your answer Tony.

Daniel said...

Girls have pride in shopping and boys have pride in toys. I still don't understand women though.