Friday, March 28, 2008

Upcoming Trip: Kick my own ass in St. George...again

Yep, here I go again. I enjoy kicking my own ass so much that I want to do it again...do you mind? I am going to St. George sometime in the month of April and do the Green Valley Race Course again. I love the trail so much. There is still snow in Ephraim and I desperately want to go riding on the dirt! I have been road riding at least 3-4 times a week in the last month and I get bored of it and want to go mountain biking on some fun trails badly. Before it gets in the 90 degree temperature starting in May in St. George, I better go in April. So, in April or never, until next year. This time I am staying in the Super 8 motel in Hurricane(next to St. George) because of the bad motel stay experience last weekend(noisy baseball team). The Super 8 is much cheaper too($50). I am going alone this time, dad can come if he wants, but I am sure mom and Becky don't want to go again because they are preparing the the Park City trips when the time comes. It's always such nice weather down there. A lot of people, but not on the bike trails! When I went there last weekend, I saw only about 6 other people on the trail. Sweet. Fact: I read the newspaper today and St. George, Ut is the second fastest growing city in the nation. Palm Springs, FL is first, Raleigh, NC is 3rd. I can see why. Also, Mrytle Beach is 4th and Charlotte, NC is like 6th. The Carolinas must be a popular place. You are so popular Karen!

7 comments:

Skybob said...

sweet.

YZGuy said...

Did you know that the hot spot in the state so far is Hanksville? It hit 80 last week 10 miles from where we will be camped on our reunion! First 80 in the state this year...I hope it's that nice in a couple weeks!
Do you know what weekend you are heading down yet?

Daniel said...

I don't know, middle of April or something, probably not next week. But maybe 2 weeks. Probably the same time you are down there at your family reunion. I am so happy it's going to get warm now, I looked at the forecast, after next Monday or Tuesday, it will be 60 degrees or warmer. Of course, April is 60 degree month. At least it's not warming up too fast because we don't want floods. The weather man said if we get a lot of valley rain and mountain snow in the months of April and May, then there won't be a drought next year. I hope we will get a lot of moisture then.

Daniel said...

Weeeelllllll, I don't know. I don't really care about the moisture that much. All I care about that I wish these damn lawn nerds wouldn't water their lawns so damn much. Maybe we should have a drought next year just to teach them. We should be just using the water for the farms, to drink, wash, bathe, etc. But not lush lawns. We live in a desert, not England!

Anonymous said...

Dan, I hope you have a great time riding. I read that same article about the fastest growing cities. I was glad so many of them are in NC....maybe all those people will have bad teeth and need a good dentist (kidding) We are hopefully going to be seeing our first patient on your birthday!!! I will get back on the blog scene and post pictures of Disney and the office soon!

Daniel said...

Tell the patient that it is my birthday while you are at it. No, just kidding. You can if you want to. I am really excited for May 5, my birthday AND Rob's first patient!

Skybob said...

This weekend huh? What are you guys planning?