Monday, March 24, 2008

Kicked my own ass in St. George....

Oooooooh! What a grand time! Kickin' my own ass in St. George over the weekend! I got a great sun tan on my arms and legs(tan lines on them). So warm down there, about 75 degrees, just perfect. It was really crowded in the city of St. George but when I went out on the trails, it was heaven. My bike handled great on the Green Valley Race Course, lot's of singletrack! I did two great laps and I'd definitely do it again. I am thinking of going down there again while my boss is installing cabinets in Aztec, NM for a few days sometime in the next week or two. I can just go down there alone and stay in a Super 8($50 a night), then ride the trail again the next morning. It will be a weekday, so it won't be as bad though. There's no place to ride up here yet! There's still snow on the ground. While I was riding the trails in St. George, I had my new action camera on my helmet but the camera was down to low and it video taped too much of the trail but not looking ahead, so I fixed the problem, I mounted it on the handlebars and tested it and everything, so it's ready to go! I hadn't had a fun time in a long time!

7 comments:

Putz said...

i'll wait till there is still snow on the ground is gone, gone, gone....was there any snow at putty nutty?????did dan tell you about the baseball team on either side of them at their motel...partayed all night..i see ton that we are getting the same visitors on our blogs and that you and i are going to their blogs..jim, lucy, sarah(who is nosurfgirl) and blondefabulous who has been kicked out of her home

Skybob said...

Sounds like a good time Dan. Mom told us you had noisy neighbors and a noisy dog.
No, there wasn't any snow at nutty putty.
Yea, I have dropped by a few of the blogs that have left comments on your blog. I seem to get visitors to mine, but not many who will comment so it was nice that Jim left a comment.

Daniel said...

It was a college baseball team, both men and women's team. I think it's Utah Valley College, their uniforms said something like Wolverines or Timberwolves or something like that. They partied all night then the bus honked the horn at least ten times at 6 in the morning, woke up the whole neighborhood. They were really rude. So, we got $50 back before we left because they asked us if we wanted a quiet section and that's what we picked. Next time I am sleeping in Super 8 in Hurricane and I am sure a sports team won't sleep there because it's cheap.

Shell said...

Sounds like a good bike ride and not so fun motel stay.

Anonymous said...

It's too bad about the motel. We had a bad time at the last place we stayed. When we slid the key into the lock we found an elderly couple on the other side! It was about 11:30 p.m. so I am sure we scared them to death! I have never been given a key to a room that someone else is already staying in!!! I guess we all had bad luck. We didn't get money back but we were moved to a room without anyone else in it!!!

Skybob said...

We stayed at a motel once.

Daniel said...

Cool, I didn't think you ever did.