Saturday, December 15, 2007

Snowshoeing in Ephraim Canyon...

Willow Creek
Sadie came with me....Duke got lost down at the bottom, so he went back to the car and waited for us. Such a good dog that he waited for us, not wandering around.

Virgil Ash's Mongolian tent at Willow Creek trail. Too bad he wasn't there because I could of paid him a visit in that heated tent.


The town below

I went snowshoeing in Ephraim Canyon today, nope, not Fairview this time. Didn't have enough money to go to Fairview. In fact, I kind of enjoyed Ephraim Canyon more than Fairview Skyline this time, the snow wasn't so deep and you could actually go somewhere and climb hills. I was planning to go to Taylor's Flat and then on the flat part of the Flume trail but since the snow wasn't so deep, I thought I could get a better workout by going someplace more adventurous and hilly, I went up on the Willow Creek Trail. Yes, that is a steep trail and it was a good hill climbing workout, since I like climbing, I went up all the way to Virgil Ash's tent(little below the A-frame house on Bald Mountain) and back down. I made it to Virgil's tent in 45-50 minutes, that is pretty good since it is an elevation gain at about 1,250 feet, on shoeshoes. I really enjoyed this trip and Sadie went up with me, Duke was going to but he got lost when we started going up so he went back to the car and waited the whole time we went(hour and a half). Duke is a really good patient dog. Knows what he is doing I guess. There were a ton of snowmobilers going up and down the Epraim Canyon Main Road, I could hear all them while I was going up the trail. This was a really good snowshoe trip.

10 comments:

Putz said...

It's nice to know there is such beauty in our own back yard. Duke is an awesome dog too. the mom

Daniel said...

I just had pepperoni and sausage pizza from Roy's Pizza(formally Fat Jack's) for dinner. I can eat anything I want and never gain any weight when I am exercising regularly!

Skybob said...

cool pictures.. cool tent. What does he use that for?

Daniel said...

I don't know, I suppose you are supposed to use it for the winter when it is all heated with a wood stove and spend the night in it. A lot of skiers, outdoorsman people like Virgil Ash uses it when they go out and do things in the mountains then they have some a shelter up there. I heard those things get really warm in there. Kind of like a cabin but way cheaper. They use those things in the artic circle and mountains like that. I have seen them in Outside, Skiing, and other outdoor magazines like them.

Skybob said...

I am not interested in buying snowshoes, you are advertising too(click on your map)..you just don't get paid for it.

Daniel said...

Oh,ok. I don't want any ad money anyway.

Skybob said...

really, you don't want money for doing something you already enjoy doing..I just wanted to give it a try. You don't have to click my ads, or have any of your own, but if you enjoy the blog and see some that interest you, then why not help each other out? I don't forsee making any real money, but I am blogging anyways, so I just wanted to give it try.

Daniel said...

Ok, I would want to put bike, ski, outdoor, woodworking ads on it. Give it a try I guess. Would that work if you can put the kind of ads you want?

Skybob said...

You can't choose exactly what ads show up, but it reads what you post, so like now you are posting about snowshoes, so the ads would be about snowshoes like on your map. I will post a link on my blog that you can look into it with if you want. Keep your eyes open in the basement section. I really don't know much about it, but I thought.. why not?

Laura said...

snowshoeing huh? Dan, is there anything you can't do?