Saturday, December 8, 2007

Snowshoe! Snowshoe! Snowshoe!

My snowshoe tracks behind me.
It snowed.


Then it cleared up.


Then it snowed again!


Gorgeous.


I woke up Saturday morning expecting there would be a lot of snow on the ground after listening to the weather man all week about how it was going to storm Friday night with 80% chance with accumulation of 2-5 inches in the valleys. But there was not one drop of snow. I thought that was kind of good news and that means I could go up to Fairview Canyon on clear roads and hoping it snowed a lot there. On a beautiful sunny Saturday morning, I ate some cereal and orange juice and got ready. I left at 11:00 a.m. and got to Fairview Skyline at noon and it was snowing a little bit, the roads were plowed though so that was good. On the way, I saw a whole lot of snowboarders, sledders, and snowmobilers. I got where no one was in a forest covered with snow. I strapped my snowshoes on my feet and got my poles and started. It started with a long hill and I climbed and climbed then it flattened out when I got into the forest, it was snowing the whole time. The snow was so deep that it was hard to walk and was making my heart pumping fast. After I got out of the forest, the skies were clearing up with sun shining, it was pretty. I went downhill and got back to the road and snowshoeed on the side of the road for a half of mile until the car. Then it fogged up and started snowing again. I got back at 1:30 p.m. so that means I went out there for an hour and a half. I drove back home in a snowstorm but the roads were still clear. It was a great dinky rinky little snowy snowshoe trip and a good workout! I had fun and plan on going next week and hoping it won't snow that time.

9 comments:

Daniel said...

iarma, and becky, thanks for your report on nut nut nut...oh wasn't that you describing your drive and then snowhoeing to your theater???? sounds like everybody had fun in their snow,,,did mike make it down the canyon?

Daniel said...

That wasn't me, that was dad.

Skybob said...

nice pictures.

Daniel said...

It snowed about 6-8 inches in Ephraim Saturday night and Sunday morning.

Shell said...

bjkl;'ntegeh yn h h h y xr cy g g vh bvhbvbvhvbvb fhgbbvbvbvb v vbv v v v cbmc

From Hannah

She wanted to see Daniel so we came here and she wanted to send you a message.

Putz said...

Beautiful pictures! mom

Skybob said...

Nice header dude.

Becky Barlow said...

Wow, it sounds like you had fun!

ky said...

The pictures are beautiful! I love the ones of Ephraim Canyon too! I sure don't understand my brothers...one likes snow, one likes dirt and I like water!? I am just glad everyone has something they enjoy! I don't even like to go outside on recess duty because I hate being cold!!! I am glad you are getting some good exersize! I am sure that burns tons of calories and it's good for your dogs too! Have fun!