Saturday, November 10, 2007

The starting of the new vintage porch...




I started on the new vintage porch for my cabin and I don't even want to talk about how much the posts were. Don't even ask. I put the posts up and put the joists for the porch with joist hangers on and it will be really strong. For the joists I used my old planks that used to be on the old porch, they are still good for joists. I put big bolts through the floor and the posts so it the porch will be connected to the posts for good. I probably won't work on it for a week or two now because of financial reasons. This porch will have designs I will make with a jigsaw around the openings and will look real wholesome.

7 comments:

Skybob said...

Nice posts dude!

Becky Barlow said...

Yah, that's pretty cool. I'm glad you have a project going. It's always cool to see what you can do.

Laura said...

We know how much wood is, especially the good kind. We spent waaay too much on our deck. Looks good!
Mike

Shell said...

The cabin is really looking nice Dan You do really good work!

Shelly

Putz said...

This cabin has really become an ongoing project. It's pretty cool. I'm proud of the work Daniel has done on it. love ya the mom

Daniel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daniel said...

Ya, you should be proud of it mom because it will be yours when I move out. Wait a minute, it is not hooked on the ground so I might be able to move it to my own house, if I stay in town, jack it up and put it on a trailer. Or maybe not, I don't want to go through all that work and I kind of rather build another one with log siding on it. Well, at least it will be yours for a while mom and I will have another place to live except it won't have a bathroom and running water. It's nice cabin though.