Saturday, November 17, 2007

Something I have been thinking about in the last 17 years....

This has been bothering me almost pretty much all the time ever since I was 11 and I thank God I am still alive. Mike and I were playing night games at the Olson house with all the Olson's and other neighborhood kids. As were all standing around a circle getting ready to start and talking about the rules of the game on the back large concrete porch, we were argueing about things and I don't remember what. Then I said something to Jeff Olson and he pushed me and I fell backwards and landed on my back and my head swung back and the back of my head hit on the concrete real hard. I think I blacked out for a sec, then I looked over to the left and there was an anchor bolt that was sticking out about 4 inches from the concrete, it was right next to the left side of my head. I really freaked out and I was very lucky that I didn't fall 3 more inches more to the left, or I would have been dead with a ancher bolt sticking in back of my head. I was really far more upset at Jeff Olson I have ever been and nobody else knew what happened about the anchor bolt because it was dark and you know how kids act on a Friday night playing night games, ya, they go beserk and all excited. As I was walking home from the Olson house, I was thinking how lucky I am and thought what would happen if it did really happen. I am thankful I am still alive today.

5 comments:

Skybob said...

Glad your not dead dude. You must have bumped your memory chip to be able to remember something that long ago like that. Either that or just got the crap scared out of you for a minute. I guess I remember cutting my hand open, cutting my chin open, knocking my front teeth out, getting bucked off a horse we found etc. etc. but I don't remember how old I was at each thing.

Putz said...

little jeffy olsen, must have been night games, was uncle---- there?,,,u shouldn't say things like that in a blog that your mother might hear...she may ban u from living the high life and you might end up with your head under a pillow like me....u too tony....

Daniel said...

Of course I remember that! It almost killed me, how could I forget that?

Putz said...

Wow Daniel. That just scares me hearing about that. It makes me wonder how many other things you boys had happen to you that I don't know about. Tony, bucked off of a horse? I think little boys have special guardian angels watching over them. Love ya all, the mom

Becky Barlow said...

Man, that's pretty serious stuff.