Thursday, September 27, 2007

My week off project...




My boss said to take the week off this week because we can't work on our next project yet so I decided to turn my cabin inside out. Doesn't look a lot better? I thought the blue kinda looked funny and I would rather have just natural cedar and spray a transparent oil on it. So I took all the siding down, pulled the nails out and twisted the siding around and nailed them back on. It took a good old two days. I really like it a whole lot better and it makes it more like a real cabin. Actually, it looks really beautiful! With all the knots on the wood makes it look rustic. I also installed my cabinets in the cabin, even though the doors and drawers are not made yet and I am glad I put them in before making the drawers and doors because it turns out I need to put in shorter drawers because the ladder is in the way and shorter drawers would work with the ladder there. I should be making the counter top, doors, and drawers next week when I go back to work so I can work on them after work in the shop. Soon as I get my next paycheck, I will definitely buy a stove because it gets cold in there now!

7 comments:

Skybob said...

Wow! it looks amazing! Good job.

Anonymous said...

Daniel, I love it!! I thought it looked really nice before but I really, really like the natual cedar look. It looks more like a cabin that you would see in Colorado at a nice resort or something with all that natual pine. I really am impressed with all the cabinet work and how nice it looks inside and out. You are really talented. I can't wait to see it in November!

Putz said...

he has put oil on it and weather proofed the doors and windows

YZGuy said...

Oh nice, oil. I bet it looks good!

Skybob said...

So, with the drawers...couldn't you just put full drawers in and not open them all the way?

Daniel said...

Yes, I knew I could do that, 16 inch drawer runners are the smallest size and they still wouldn't go all the way out, they go out about 13-14 inches and hit the ladder. I am going to have to get some bump stickers to put on the ladder so the drawers wouldn't get ruined by hitting them against it. I am going to have to unscrew the ladder out the way in order to get the drawers into the cabinet, then put the ladder back in place.

Putz said...

daniel you blow me away from my head under a pillow, u have always gone forward with ideas