Saturday, September 15, 2007

Another weekend project: the starting of cabinets for the cabin....



I just started on my cabinet for my cabin today by using a 4X8 laminate sheet my boss gave me the other day. I did this today after my big road ride with about 7 other riders, there are a lot more road riders than mountain bikers! It is sad, because mountain biking is a better sport. Anyways, it was fun then I decided to put the bottom cabinet together today and I was planning on putting the top cabinet together too but I ran out of time, maybe I will do the top cabinet(cabinet for dishes) during the week next week. My boss ordered some birch for me to use for the face frame, doors, and drawers last Friday. I had to pay for that though, he's going to take that out of my next paycheck. The birch wood is coming this Monday so I will be able to get this cabinet done pretty soon. I will have to work at my work in the shop to do the doors and drawers. I can do everything else at home. So, next week, I will make the face frame and skin the cabinets(the 3/16" birch plywood on the sides). So, piece of cake, I think I can get these cabinets done in a few weeks. This is a fun project and will be a boost for the cabin! I am going to put the refridgerator and a little microwave on top of the bottom cabinet and put dishes and stuff in the top cabinet. Put other stuff(who knows what?) in the drawers, for sure I will put a garbage can inside of the bottom cabinet. I can't wait to see how pretty it will look in the cabin!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your cabin will look so cool! I can't wait to see it in November!!!!

YZGuy said...

Nice!
We are giong to try to work on our trailer a bit more before spring. We want to put our old stereo in there and wire it for surround sound, then have apeaker outlets outside so we can watch movies or play playstation outside on the big screen projecter on the side of the trailer after dark, or play music outside I guess. We want to put a few outdoor lights on it too.

Putz said...

hey, like a christmas tree, you could gather the family around it for some fun singing christmas carols..

Putz said...

hey, like a christmas tree, you could gather the family around it for some fun singing christmas carols..

Skybob said...

More like a house...porch lights..

Skybob said...

Oh, and if anyone starts singing Christmas carols around my trailer.. when I am trying to sleep...I have a very powerfull plastic bb gun inside!

Putz said...

maybe we could have carol up the street sing christmas carols