Monday, July 16, 2007

Dupont State Forest....

Triple Falls
High Falls

Slide. You can slide on at the bottom side of High Falls. You can climb up to the top of that slide and go down and land in that pool at the bottom.


Fun! The rocks did not hurt my butt at all! It felt soft. Megan and Andrea slid on it more than I did, about a million times. You can slide on it for about 50 feet and then land in the 4 foot deep pool at the bottom. The water was cold!



Hooker Falls. This is where the part in "The Last of the Mohicans" was filmed where they came down on the canoe. It is high to go down it on a canoe, about 15-16 feet high.




I swam right beneath Hooker Falls! It was cold and the water was very deep! Dad did too and he got under the water fall to get his shower.





You can see me on right on the right edge of the falls. I swam way out there.























7 comments:

Skybob said...

Wow! Really pretty. It looks fun to butt slide. It really does look a little painfull, but I will take your word for it. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Daniel said...

Yeah, it is really pretty. This whole trip was my idea, I found out the place from a bike magazine and they were talking about a whole bunch of trails there. There are slickrock trails and they call it the "Slickrock of the East". We didn't have a chance to see the Bridal Veil Falls where they went under the falls from the "Last of the Mohicans" movie. I wanted to see that and go under the falls but maybe next time because Karen said that we will go there another time.

Putz said...

all this slick rock and mushrooms beside the trails was exacly like moab utah

Putz said...

you can see the covered bridge i was at above daniel in the picture he has of high falls

Skybob said...

I wish I would have paid attention to the movie "last of the mohicans" I suppose it does look a little like moab, especially when it rains. Waterfalls everywhere. It's alot different too. Different scale, more trees, less trails maybe? Really pretty though, looks like a good time.

YZGuy said...

It looks a little like Prov canyon/millville area too. It has simalar cliffs etc. towards the top. we found some cool streams and caves along the way. Not as much water here obviously, but more atv trails, more area, less people etc. Something for everyone I guess. I know alot of people really like all the trees and water in the East. We found a cool "tube" type water slide in Moab once. Brayden didn't like the depth of the pool at the time that you slid into however. I managed to stay dry until I had to go in after him.

Putz said...

It was an awesome place to visit. I especially liked watching Andrea, Megan and Daniel go down that slide. It looked scary to me at first but then I realized they wouldn't get hurt and just enjoyed the fun of it. Mom