Monday, May 28, 2007

Some real good mountain bike movies.


This Off Road to Athens I just bought about a year ago is the best cycling documentary I have seen. It is by Gripped Films, a really good film company, and it is about the world cup races the cyclists raced in to get to the Athens Olympic spots in 2004. They took 2 male bikers and one female biker from America to race in the Olympics. The story is great and showed some pretty good action. I really liked the music from the film and I even bought the soundtrack cd to listen to. The picture was good, the music was good, and the story was good. To those who haven't seen it, should. To family members, you can borrow mine to watch it. It is even good for those who don't bike, my mom really liked it.



Gripped Films just made another mountain bike documentary this year called 24 Hour Solo and it just came out. They first showed in the theater during the Sea Otter Classic Bike Race and other theaters all over the country last March. I am planning to buy it in June or July and I am really looking forward in watching it!





2 comments:

YZGuy said...

In the last video,
Why is the little midget racing the big guy?

Daniel said...

I think those little midgets are more lighter and gnarly. Sometimes they are faster. A 120 pound mountain biker from Europe, Miguel Martinez, won 2 gold medals in the first mountain bike olympic races in '92 and '96. Then a big 6 foot 2 inches biker from Norway won the gold after that. So, I don't know really. Depends how strong they are.