Sunday, June 12, 2016

Memorial Day 2016


It's a tradition every Memorial Day weekend I go up to Tooele with my parents every year.  For sure I took my bike.


After seeing family in Tooele, my parents did the grave thing at the cemetery and I went biking in Settlement Canyon.  I went up along Dark Trail, then Upper Dark Trail, and finally on the road to the top.


I rode this ride last October but I didn't know about Upper Dark Trail so I found it this time and it adds another couple miles of shaded singletrack, it was nice.


Then on the road for the rest of the way was a climb up passing by cows and crossing many streams.  It was pleasant.  After Lower Dark Trail, the road is gated and it was nice to ride someplace where there were no vehicles and atvs.  So nice and quiet.


After Tooele, we went up to my sister's up in Ogden Area.  On the day after, we went to Promontory Point National Park.  It was so cool to see train stuff especially after watching the "Hell on Wheels" TV series with my mom all winter.  I really like locomotives!


We also saw some other stuff like the Rocket Garden near there.


On Memorial Day morning, I took off in Ogden Canyon near Eden to ride.  I rode on Mule Ear and Mule Shoe Trails.  I really like those trails because I never run into anybody else every time I ride there.  This was the third Memorial Day weekend I rode there.


It just rained the night before so it was kind of wet and moist on the trail and the vegetation around it.  It was still rideable and I enjoyed it.


It was fun to see family in Tooele and Clinton and I had put in some good riding.

No comments: