Sunday, October 19, 2014

Fat Biking on the Dirt


I sent my suspension fork off of my mountain bike to the suspension rebuilders in Colorado and so I don't have a mountain bike for a while.  But I did take out my fat bike for a ride.  It was better than I expected when riding out on dirt thinking fat bikes are only great in snow.  It just turned out it was just plain fun.  I never had a fun ride like this one for a long time and the bike felt really cushy because of the fat tires.  It felt like a full suspension bike with a lot of travel and could go over anything.  So I went out on a couple rides this week.  My last ride was awesome.


I went out at the Black Hill riding area and did some of my favorite trails.  I can't believe I beat my old times on a fat bike and fat bikes are supposed to be slower!  I don't know, maybe they just go over things better.  Well, I went on a couple good rides after work and here is one ride on Strava:

No comments: