Sunday, July 13, 2014

Eagle Point Biking


Yesterday, I went up for a ride south from where I live.  Eagle Point Ski Resort is in the Tushar Mountains near Beaver, UT.  It's basically one of my favorite places to ride.


I rode there last year when the trails were barely built and they were built by Alpine Trails which is a very good trail building company.  They did a lot of trails in Park City and everywhere.  I really like these new trails in Eagle Point, they're short, but all you have to do is ride laps.


I saw one other biker there and a few hikers.  There was also a big bike race event going on in the Tushar Mountains called Crusher in the Tushars.  It's a big dirt road/paved bike race with a lot of climbing(10,000 feet total gain).  The race ended at Eagle Point, so I kind of watched the racers finished.  Levi Leipheimer won the race so there were some big names in the race and I also had a couple of friends who did it.


I love these trails in Eagle Point and it's up high so it's really nice and cool for those summer days.  I climbed from the bottom and up on Eagle's Egress Mountain Trail then did two laps on the Monarch Mountain Loop up on top then went back done on Eagle's Egress.  The views were amazing and it's a nice, quiet place to be and also if you want to get away from the crowds in the Park City bike trails, this is where you want to go.


No comments: