Sunday, April 27, 2014

Climb, climb, and climb...and rain, rain, and rain....


This week turned out great on my riding.  I am back to a lot climbing.  By climbing, I mean climbing up the canyon road until I get tired.  Last Thursday, when the weather was super, luckily the boss called me and told me to not come to work that day.  I was kind of glad because all I wanted to do on that nice, warm day was to go on a big ride on my mountain bike.  I also had Tuesday off, so I went on my once a week moderate pace long ride on that day, the weather forecast forecasted a ton of wind, so I went that morning and tried to get back before the wind started.  I started at 8 in the morning and rode down west of town and around town for an hour and then went home to eat breakfast then switched bikes, so on my mountain bike, I rode another 2 hours on Little Pigeon Hollow Road to Spring City and back.  On the way back, the wind started blowing and I had a major headwind but I made it and logged in 35 miles that morning.
Back to Thursday, it was a ride I really enjoyed because it was all climbing and I love to climb.  I went up along the Powerline Trail and up on Green Gate Road then climbed some more on the canyon road.  I kept going up until I got tired and made it to that sharp curve before Ponderosa Pine Plantation.  I haven't got that high up in two years and it felt great.  I plan to go higher on the next ride.

 

After the climb, I turned around and went down the road then the Flume.  The Flume Trail was all packed down like I said it would(after one week).  It looked like a hundred bikers went down it.  It is really fast and smooth now.  It was a blast though.


Saturday.  Saturday was all rainy all day and cold.  At 7 in the morning, before the wind would start blowing later in the day, I went on a ride on my road bike.  I am glad I did it even though it was pouring rain, I just rode around town then up the pavement of the canyon road twice.  I rode for at least 1.5 hours and logged in 18 miles.  It was very wet, drenched, and cold.  I had a lot of fun though because I had a very good workout and my legs felt stronger than I thought.  It was like being in the Seattle rain again.  I didn't really have the proper bike rain gear but this blue jacket worked for a little while.  But I had no protection on my feet so my ankles and feet were itching so bad after an hour I got home.  It was really a blast though.  I hope I can ride in the rain again but it's rare in Utah to get rain like this.

No comments: