Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Early Spring? Maybe.


It's been pretty warm lately since after that big snow about 2 weeks ago.  Then all the snow melted so I am done with fat biking, unless I go up the mountains but I don't think that is going to happen.  The Kane Valley road is dry and so is Black Hill but there are a lot spots that are still muddy there.


I went on many rides since it's been warm lately, mostly after work.  I am making sure I leave work right at 4 p.m. every day so I can bike for an hour before it got dark.  It's been very enjoyable.  I try to ride 4 times a week and lift weights once a week.  I really need it and I've been feeling better too.  I'm trying to eat healthier too, like adding lettuce in my sandwiches for lunch and it makes a big difference, also drinking less sugar drinks.   And eating more fruits and vegetables.   I've been riding better too since I've been watching what I eat.


Today, I went on a good ride, I went up Kane Valley Road to the top, then back down to town and climbed up on Cow Road up to the pond.  I rode pretty good and never felt better.  Then on Witch's Knoll with my dog, Duke.  The total ride took a good full hour with 900 vertical feet of climbing.



Almost every day after work, I pretty much get my bike workout done, eat dinner, then enjoy the rest of the evening watching the Winter Olympics. It's been fun in the last two weeks, I love watching the Winter or Summer Olympics every two years, something I look forward to every two years!

No comments: