Sunday, November 3, 2013

Capital Reef


 My parents and I decided to go check out Capital Reef.  We left Friday during the day and when we got there, there wasn't really that much people which was very good.  Maybe it's like that all the time, I don't know.  But it was nice.


The weather was pleasant and it felt comfortable.  But a little chill in the air towards to the evening.


We took the scenic drive when we got there and also took a drive in Capital Gorge just for a little bit and walked around.


My plan was to hike Hickman Bridge but due to rock fall last spring, the trail was closed.  So my mom and I decided to hike Cohab Canyon Trail instead which was just a trail in the area that has a lookout at the top that overlooks Fruita.  It took us maybe an hour and a half to two hours.  My dad stayed down at the bottom with my mom's dog.

The national park has a lot of hiking trails I would like to hike sometime in the future.  This place doesn't have as many visitors and it would be more fun and bearable to hike.  Great fun!

 After we were done there for the day, we stayed in Torrey and ate.  The next day was to meet my brother and his family and see Goblin Valley and Little Wild Horse Canyon.

No comments: