Saturday, November 26, 2011

Hurricane Fun






















The day after Thanksgiving, since it's warm outside, I've decided to do a day trip down to St. George, UT. Actually Hurricane, UT, I didn't go to St. George at all. I left like around 8:30 in the morning and got there about 11:30, ate something, and got riding by noon. I did the 21 mile loop of Hurricane Loop just above Hurricane. Not a very technical trail but on the Hurricane rim was a little more technical. This was the first time I tried this trail and I really enjoyed it. I loved the distance because I wanted to go for a long ride. I loved all the fast turns and quite a bit of climbing, 2,000 feet of total elevation gain. This was mostly high speed desert singletrack. It was very warm of 65 degrees. The first part of it, I wore just warm warmers, it was nice and sunny also. I did the trail in 2 and half hours and then went home. I did stop and eat at the Little Wonder Cafe in Richfield and had spaghetti and meatballs on the way home. Love their food!
Wish I could have stayed another day in St. George! Now it's cold here at home, and have to get a Christmas tree with everybody else in the snow today.

5 comments:

Putz said...

ifin youd have staid in hurricane, you would have not been able to see little tommy or eat at the family tree or hear about doug's fire doings

Caddie said...

You certainly have some beautiful country to bike through. Glad you had a happy time.

Daniel said...

Thank you, I love Utah!

Tony said...

Looks like fun. I still want to get down to warner valley sometime..just so far for us. I know a family that goes riding at devils playground every thanksgiving. Another good spot.

Daniel said...

Yeah, that does sound fun. I am still planning to join. It's like warm down there or something:).