Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cholla Challenge 2011










The lap went all the way down there in the red rocks, great singletrack loop, 7.5 miles each lap and I did two of them and it was great riding




Me in a lot of post race pain and still grinning






Mom and sister were spectators.....with books




The Cholla Challenge MTB race turned out better than I thought it ever did. I was worried that I didn't get rested enough before it but I did. I was surprised that I could do 2 laps with no problems. They had the Clydesdale do two laps in this one and I did want to do two laps in this race by the way. Everybody thought it was too hot but I thought that was a bunch of crap and hooey. I thought it was perfect weather, a bunch of whining babies. Just drink a lot of water that's all you got to do and you're all set. I did hydrate enough and the race turned out too smoothly for me, I also refueled with Hammer Gel just right during the race. That's why I had a good race this time. I stayed in second place most of the time and this guy in 3rd kept catching up to me and we were just going back in forth during the whole race. The 1st place guy was just 10 seconds ahead of us during the whole time and he kept a good pace. I couldn't catch up with him but at the end of the last lap, the 3rd place guy caught up and passed me(I am not good on flat land, I could pass him easily on the uphills), so since the last part is mostly flat I couldn't pass him or the 1st place guy but at the end we all finished just seconds apart. It was a good race.

2 comments:

Putz said...

with books and also with their giant fountain drinks and i am sure with extra ice

Daniel said...

Yep, I guess that's what they needed but it wasn't everything they needed. They were missing a motel and a shopping center.