Monday, July 5, 2010

At the bird 2010!



This race at Snowbird was an excellent race except I crashed everywhere on the singletrack but I still finished. Still I didn't good as last year, 3 minutes slower. I was expecting a better time than last year but I guess it didn't turn out good. I was just going all over the place and I needed more practice on that same course, it was pretty technical.

I decided to do the Clydesdale class on this and planning on it for the rest of the season, you have to be 220 pounds in this class and I am barely 220 pounds. This class usually goes about 3-4 more miles than the beginner and there are some pretty strong riders in this class.

I had a good start and held in 3rd place during the whole first lap then I wrecked and just didn't have it anymore so 2 other guys in my class passed me on the 2nd lap. I ended up in 5th place out of six. I would have felt better if I got 3rd though, I kept thinking in the last few days, "maybe I should have pushed harder, I would have stayed in 3rd", but I guess I also got thinking that I should still feel good about myself and give myself a pat on the back for finishing the race and had a blast doing it.

7 comments:

Tony said...

Sorry you had some wrecks..is there anything higher in weight than clydesdales? Do they do any other weight categories?

Daniel said...

No, clydesdale is 220 or higher.

Daniel said...

I like your profile picture.

Tony said...

Oh, ok. Thanks.

Tony said...

mock..yea, ing...yea, BIRD...yea,, Yea,.. yea..

Daniel said...

Worm farm.

Daniel said...

We have no jobs, no money, and our pet's heads are falling off!