Monday, November 16, 2009

New bike!

I just went to Provo tonight and put a down payment on this 2010 Gary Fisher Superfly 29er. I won't get it until January or February but that's ok, there's snow now and it's ridiculously cold. I was going to go put a down payment on a Trek Elite 9.8(26 inch wheels), after I wrote the check, I asked them if I could ride one of their bikes to make sure it's the right size. At first I rode a Trek with 26 inch wheels with a 18.5 inch frame, it felt too small. Then the only 19.5 inch frame they had was the 2009 Gary Fisher Paragon which had 29 inch wheels. I rode it around the parking lot and the first thing I noticed about the bike that it had so much more control and stability. It did fit true to size to my body because of the bigger wheels? I don't know. But it did feel a lot nicer and I could understand why most people like the bigger wheels. I told the guy that I really liked the bike and he told me that about everyone in the race team has the Paragon or the Superfly. I thought about it for a while and I was having a hard time deciding. He was talking into me of getting one because of the advantages. Of course it was like $250 more than Trek Elite 9.8, so I went for it. I can't wait to try out the big wheels on the trails next spring and the races. Also the frame and crankset are both made out of carbon fiber, that is like a big bonus.

6 comments:

Tony said...

Nice! I guess I'll be diong a cylinder re-line, rear shock rebuild, and a few cosmetic upgrades this winter hoping I can get by and try to silence all the folks telling me I need a new bike HAha!:) I'm still on the fence anyways about what I'd get, a KTM 300 2-smoke, or a Honda 450 thumper..? I'm glad you got one you felt good with, that's the important part eh. I need to get on one of the new 300's and see if it makes me smile like the big 4-strokes do:) By the time I can afford one, I won't be able to handle the power of a 450 motocrosser anyways. LOL! I hope the upgrades on my old ride will be enough.
I bet you can't wait to hit the trail on that new bike! Really nice!

Daniel said...

It's a nice bike, it's the best hardtail bike Gary Fisher has with the best Sram components. I guess motor bikes last longer than mountain bikes. I can't wait to ride it!

Tony said...

Haha, yea I guess they do(not);)

Daniel said...

I tell everybody at my work about your 2001 Honda CVR 250. They say it's a popular bike. Ryan has a 4 stroke he keeps in the shop and I think it's a Kawasaki. He lives in Roosevelt and keeps his bike down here to ride when he comes to work here. It just usually sits there most of the time though.

Putz said...

it never ceases to amaze me how much money little peddle bikes cost

Daniel said...

I had a dream riding on a Gary Fisher Superfly on magic dreamland lastnight! It was so nice!