Saturday, June 20, 2009

North Carolina mountain biking: Super Tree Trail...








I liked this trail the best because it's funner, less people(actually there was no one there), and I can get a better workout. This trail is a 5 mile loop and I did two laps. It is located in the Uwharrie National Forest about an hour south of Karen's house. There is another trail that connects to it that it is another 5 miles but I didn't do it because it is way too technical for Rob's bike(no suspension). I did do the trail last time I visited two years ago, so I did do the Super Tree and the other trail. The Super Tree Trail is way fast and rolling, so I did like this one the best. The bike above is Rob's bike(brother-in-law), the one I rode. Very old bike and still works good, better than no bike. I was actually the last rider on it two years ago, so two years later, I put air in the tires(there was zero air), tweeked it a little bit and put my pedals on. I didn't have a chance to take my own mountain bike with me because when we got to the airport, they charged $265 each way so I put it back in the car and tried to figure something else.


4 comments:

Putz said...

my ticket costs 240 and the bike ticket 260 bike one way, my round trip...go figure

Daniel said...

That's what I figured, I am not that crazy. I rather not ride at all than pay all that money to the airport. I can always go for a hike instead.

Putz said...

nORTH Caroline is very beautiful. I'm glad you were able to ride in this beautiful country. All the pictures have that beautiful No. Carolina mist in them (humidity)
Love ya mom

Tony said...

The lack of that humidity is a small part of what makes Utah so nice.:)