Monday, May 5, 2008

May 5, Cinco de Mayo....and my birthday!

This is how we celebrated both Cinco de Mayo and my birthday on the same day. Dad made a fire in the new fire pit in the backyard and I cooked T-bone steaks over it. Man, talk about ambrosia! The steak tasted so much better when cooked over a real fire with wood than lame old gas. Dad put in that one big log that is like petrified wood and now it's going to burn for a few days. We are going to sit by the fire tonight and tell scary stories.

9 comments:

Daniel said...

hatchet harry stories about indians, and abdomitable snowmen, and big foot coming in tearing open our ten and cutting off our ears, and hungry bears, we have a new bench to sit on around the fire pit...this is the putz speaking, i am too lazy to change the author

Skybob said...

sweet.

Skybob said...

So.., this looks alot like camping. I just have to ask, what is it that people don't like about our style of camping?

Skybob said...

You don't have to answer that. I think the pit looks great! Those steaks look good too!(a little rare though for my taste) I'm glad you had a good birthday!

Daniel said...

I finally go back to work tomorrow!

Lucy Stern said...

Cool fire pit....Happy Birthday! Those steaks look yummmmm...

Lin said...

Happy birthday, Dan!

Yep, from the looks of it, that log will burn into the 22nd century - better stock up on steaks and take advantage of those gorgeous coals.

If you love biking, click on my "Simon in Oz' link and see the terrains he bikes in Australia. It's pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Dan! I am glad you-all enjoyed the steaks. I guess you and dad both enjoyed them! I love steaks done over the coals too. Of course we do them on a charcol grill. We always wanted a fire pit to do dutch ovens. It would be a great way to cook when you had time.

Anonymous said...

So that's what it looked like when he was done. Cool!