Friday, December 21, 2007

My Tractor Experience This Morning...

This snowy morning at work, there was 6 inches on the ground and my boss asked me to plow up the snow in front of storage units next door with a tractor. Yes! A tractor! I was kind of nervous at first because I never driven a tractor before and the tractor he has is an antique. A 1950 something Massey Ferguson tractor and it runs great! It was well taken care of and really nice. My boss said it is like driving a car with a stick but only 3 speeds. I tried it and it was easy! The snow plow was in the middle and under the tractor, between the front and back tires. My boss and I put chains on the rear tires and there I went! It was actually fun! Even in the 15 degree temperature, I didn't even think about it and was having too much fun that I have to tell everybody. I plowed up the whole driveway and parking space in front of the storage units. I thought I did a good job. Now people can get their storage. A van and truck went there while I plowed and they said thanks. I was out there for an hour and the seat was metal and my butt was freezing and felt numb when I was done. I went straight to the wood stove in our shop and warmed up for 20 minutes before we started working. What a great tractor experience!

6 comments:

Skybob said...

Wow that's cool. That's a nice looking tractor! Those things run forever. Shelly's dad has a few old John Deere's that still run...there more of a lawn ornament now though.

Putz said...

good ole daniel, and a frozen butt, by the way thanks tony for all my improvements on putz...you wanted clarification on glendia, we home teach her and she is a frail 80 year old and one day dan noticed the paramedic truck and so we went don to her home to see about her and she was sitting in a chair calmly and broken bottles strewn over her hall where they had fallen down on her and yet she was ok, and the article in the ensign on angels being called to us a a church job on earth, i just thought how it could be that angels were there to help her

Skybob said...

Oh.

Shell said...

Cool Dan doing new things can be fun. Driving tractors get old after a week of 16 hour days in one.

ky said...

I am glad you got a chance to drive a tractor. I have never done that, Rob has though. By the way it was in the mid 60's yesterday. We went to get the paper in our short sleeved shirts! I think the high today is 57......brrrr!

Daniel said...

57! You call that cold? It gets to 0-5 degrees in the morning and 30 degrees during the day here in Utah. I wish I am in N.C. right now. I should have gone to your house for Christmas. Well, it was pretty warm up at the Fairview Skyline because of the inversion today(warmer in the mountains than the valley). I guess that is where I will spend my winter at to stay warm.