Tuesday, December 25, 2007

My Highlights of 2007

Well, 2007 is coming to an end and 2008 is just around the corner. In the past few days I have been thinking about all the good things that happened in 2007, it was good, reeeeeeeeally good. I can't think any bad thing that happened this year, I had a goal last year to make 2007 positive and well, I think I achieved my goal. Mostly to find a really good job I enjoy. Well, here's a list of things I did in 2007(in order):

1.Screwed Todd Alder.
2.Road biked on the canyon road during those fun cold days.
3.Mountain biked all spring and summer.
4.Went on more road bike trips that contain 2-3 hours(with other local riders).
5.Remodeled mom's house(shingles, tore off carpet, repainted walls, mantle, new closet doors).
6.Spent more time in the mountains.
7.Went to Sundance and Park City to bike about 5 times this summer.
8.Went camping with brothers and sisters at Blue Lake.
9.North Carolina trip.
10.Park City trip with Mike and Laura.
11.Climbed the Widowmaker twice on road bike(Fairview Canyon).
12.Got a job at Custom Cabinets by Brent as a cabinetmaker assistant.
13.Worked my ass off.
14.Got a girlfriend(Niki).
15.Bought dad a christmas present.

Well, that is all I can think of, if I missed anything let me know and write it down in the comments for me. I think 2007 was the best year I had.

Next year in 2008, I plan to:

1.Keep it up with Niki.
2.Do more strength training.
3.Snowshoe all winter.
4.Get my arm restitched.
5.Get Sikk Trailbike.
6.Work my ass off.
7.Bike a lot.
8.Train better.
9.Finish my cabin(porch).
10.Climb the Widowmaker 3 times and climb Nebo Loop once.
11.Park City biking.
12.North Carolina.
13.Stay in the mountains.
14.Family Reunion.

I think that's it so far.

8 comments:

Skybob said...

Well I think that's pretty awesome Daniel! You really did have a good year and it looks like 2008 will be good too!
I am not one to usually make new years resoloutions and such, but usually I just try to have family fun and work hard. I am not sure if I can have more fun or work harder than last year though, it was a pretty good year for us too...I even got the scar to prove it! I guess I just need to be more carefull in 2008...or not, maybe I just need to improve my luck.

Daniel said...

I forgot to put saving Sadie and Duke by adopting them in the list. Ya, that is another good thing I did.

Putz said...

ya, number 15, bought dad a christmas present...pretty darn good

Laura said...

who is Niki?!
I love your list Daniel. You had an awesome 2007! We are excited to see you for the new year!

Daniel said...

Niki is Niki Gordon. She is the one we were talking about when I said I got a hot date that oncoming weekend like in Nov. or something but has been cancelled because she wasn't divorced yet. She's the one that has been divorced twice to the same guy who was really mean to her. She has 2 boys at about 7 and 10 years old living with her. She living in a house in New Town of Ephraim and has a Hummer 3. Her dad is Ben Gordon(you probably know him). Right now I have been visiting her a lot at her house and church. We keep talking about what to do on our dates once she gets her divorce finalized. It is going well though. I just visited her again today.

Daniel said...

Niki also likes to mountain bike and snowboard. We have been planning ski and bike dates lately.

Putz said...

i am glad i got on dan's list just after his girlfriend got on dan's list, number 15,...did dan get me a birdfeeder tooo????i forget just who gave me bird feeders

Skybob said...

Dude, are you still planning on going to NC? When is that exactly?