Saturday, December 1, 2007

I was NOT miserable...

I had thermals, ski pants, $200 ski parka, thermal socks, thermal shoes, hat, ski gloves, I dressed up like I was going on a ski trip and everybody else was wearing just Levis and $20 coats and casual gloves and shoes. I was so hot and toasty and everybody else looked like they all wanted to just go home. "Be Prepared" Use the slogan. I had a good time except for the part when Snow College lost Butler in a national game in the Rice-Eccles stadium. It was the first time I went to a game in a big football stadium like that, it was fun. In the snow too. I saw Dave Lanier there, and whole bunch of other crazy people I know like us who would drive in a crazy snow storm to get there this morning. I was the only guy in the Elder's Quorum who went with the Elder's Quorum president, nobody else came, a bunch of wimps I guess. Maybe they are a bunch of smart guys because of the snowstorm and can watch it on kjzz tv anyway. It was a beautiful snowy day and I can now I say I went to a national championship game for the NCAA !

5 comments:

Skybob said...

Looks like a popular place to be judging by the stands. Glad you had a good time.

Putz said...

dan says i have to be positive...dan going through nephi canyon was so much fun and driving up to utah's stadium, and watching an exciting 3 hr. football game and eating medium rare steak at sizzler and i had to stay home all day while mom went to wally world shopping for christmas....whoopee....since dan has no place for my nickname i'll put it right here...cozy, comfortable dry homebound

Becky Barlow said...

Well, I watched some of the game on TV - and I felt really bad. I wanted Snow to win.

ky said...

It looks emptey to me?! I guess only the die hard fans wanted to be out in the snow. Its too bad Snow didn't win.

Skybob said...

Snow sucks.., just like snow sucks.