Thursday, October 25, 2007

Being caffeinated kills....



I went to my nurse today and told her that I have been staying away from Rockstar, Monster energy drinks because of the caffeine. She said that stuff would work the opposite as my medicine works. It would just make the medicine for my mental illness not work, she said it would just go backwards. No kidding, every time I drink that stuff, my head would just go wired and I can't think clearly. It has so much caffeine(40mg) in a can. For the past few weeks not drinking any of that stuff, I can tell a great big difference, my head has been feeling better and I can think more clearly. My brain feels more calm. My nurse also said when people try to quit drinking caffeine, after 3-5 days not drinking any, they suffer a hell of a headache and sometimes have to go to the hospital. It is a serious addiction, like Coke, Mountain Dew, Energy drinks can be really addictive and is not good for the brain. It is also hard to stop drinking it too, I had a hard time staying away from those Monster drinks and drinking milk and friut punch instead works really well. My last drink was at Grandma's and I had a big caffeine headache and my mind was so wired that I was about to explode. The drink before that was drinking one of those big 32 ounce Monster drink while walking out of Kents, the carpet guy that did our carpet was walking towards me and said, "those things will kill you!" From then on, I stopped drinking those. I used to drink a monster drink like 1-2 times a week and now I am not drinking any. I feel sober. That is probably why my happy pills were kicking in pretty good once a while and beware of me being so happy and can put in Enya music videos in my blog.

15 comments:

Daniel said...

so what do the experts say about enya music? is it good for you or not?

Skybob said...

jackedup.mp3

Daniel said...

Always listen to what the church says, the church is always right, stay away from caffeine.

Daniel said...

Oh yeah Tony, I love that sound clip. Who was that?

Laura said...

I think enya kills more brain cells than caffeine, and at least the caffeine keeps you awake--unlike enya. By-the-way Daniel, most of the hard core energy drinks, like monster and rockstar, are banned from the commerical job sites my crews work on, just like alcohol! That stuff is loaded-- it's like drinking 20 cokes at a time. They claim they banned it because guys aren't thinking clearly-- too buzzed; but I think they banned it because caffeine makes you whiz so much. They were paying for too many bathroom breaks.

Mike

Skybob said...

It was either Walker or Texas Ranger, I can't rememger who is who, from Taledega Nights...

YZGuy said...

talledega nights.mp3

Shell said...

Dan, the church also says not to watch rated R movies, and not to listen to loud music with a strong beat. There are areas all of us could improve on.

Daniel said...

Thanks Shelly, I am trying my best to not watch R-rated movies now since I am going to date a girl pretty soon. You are right about that. Blood Diamond was my last rated R movie for a while now. But I have to admit, Blood Diamond is one heck of a good movie. There are a lot of good PG-13 movies ahead of me.

Daniel said...

I can't believe I have been drinking 20 Cokes at a time! Thanks for the tip Mike. I won't drink that stuff for sure now. Also, it says on the can to keep those drinks away from children and those are sensitive to caffeine.

Daniel said...

Music relaxes me, I like to listen to my ipod every night before I go to bed. Enya really makes you go to sleep, Mike's right about that. Tool also makes me go to sleep even it's so loud because I just feel calm listening to any music except country music, stupid music, etc. The only music I will listen to is pure rock, alternative, and Enya music. That's way I am. I really can't stand country, it drives me nuts! Tool is the best because it sounds so awesome!

Daniel said...

I don't why people has to listen to their ipods or mp3 players while they running, biking, etc. Isn't that dangerous? I mean, you can't hear the cars while you are listening to music. I don't like listening to my ipod when I bike, I like the peace while I bike in the mountains, get away from all the noise from the cabinet shop(my work), especially. That is why I only listen to it before I go to bed, to make me fall asleep.

Putz said...

oh craaaaaap daniel

Putz said...

I really am glad for Daniels nurse. She helps Daniel a lot and is also a good friend. I have never liked those energy drinks. Well, I've never had one but I don't like the idea of them. I think Mikes comment is so good about those drinks being not good to drink while working. Anway, I'm glad Daniel is not going to drink them anymore. the mom p.s. I'm glad he's not going to watch rated R movies also.

Anonymous said...

I am also trying to cut back on caffeine...I know you all are in shock! I am forcing myself to drink water (yuck) I know it is bad for me (caffeine that is...not water) I have never had an energy drink and I can't imagine how much caffeine that is! I bet that is more caffeine than is in a cup of coffee. I bet if energy drinks were around when the Word of Wisdom was written they would be in it!-+