Saturday, June 2, 2007

When you've got trails, why road bike?

Park City Bike Resort



Deer Valley Bike Resort




The Canyons
There are 540 miles worth of trails in the Park City area. My favorite place. I have biked on every single trail in Park City and Deer Valley Resorts in the past 10 years. I haven't done the Midmountain Trail and The Canyons yet. Park City has great singletrack trails that are everywhere and it's all shady in most places. Lots of pine trees and aspens. And at 7,000 feet or higher, it never gets hot in the middle of the summer. I love the scenery and it is not bike crazy on the crowds like Moab. I went today and only a few people were there. Like 10 or so I have seen. I am planning to go there a lot more this summer and especially do the 30 mile Midmountain Trail that goes over Park City and The Canyons resorts, I can't wait to do that one. There are some good singletrack trails I like down here where I live like the Maple Syrup Trail, Pioneer Trail, and Flume Trail. They are great trails. Well, why bother on road riding when you got trails? Road riding? Too boring. Mountain Biking? Too fun.


4 comments:

Skybob said...

Cool! The maps are a little hard to see. Do they show the bike trails you are talking about?

YZGuy said...

How much does it cost to go on these trails? Do you ride the lifts?

Daniel said...

You can see the maps better if you go to their websites and you can download it bigger then you can tell where I have been. Go to parkcityresort.com, deervalleyresort.com, and thecanyons.com.
It doesn't cost anything if you don't ride the lifts and I like to climb up the trails and then go down them. I never ridden a lift there.

Putz said...

good ole daniel, always tryinf to find ways to sve money ...a trail in my book is just like water....no one should sell either one to us taxpayers including the wide open spaces with camping fees