Saturday, June 16, 2007

When you've got mountains, why be in the 102 degree temperature valleys?

Why does anybody want to be in the valleys in 102 degree temperature when there are mountains nearby? Today, I went on a bike ride up to the Widowmaker(Fairview Canyon) again and it was 70 degrees up there and it said 102 on the billboard in town when I got back. While I was riding up there, it was so great that I wanted to ride some more, I was riding on the Skyline with my jersey zipped up. I think everybody should be in the mountains all summer long and do things like camping, fishing, hiking, biking, off-road riding, or just sitting by that pond above. But there are so many people in the towns forgetting about it and just suffer in the heat. Using up all the gas for air conditioners doesn't seem very thoughtful while you can be in the 70 degree temperature in the mountains. In fact, it is a lot prettier and better for your mind and health.

7 comments:

Daniel said...

what about the people who want to shop till they drop? the mountains would be a rfeal bad place for them....they would go crazy and lose their mind...karma lee and becky are in a airconditioned theater not a bit worried about the mountains...in fact they are sitting there wondering when the next time they can go to molwort....this is david h. barlow even though i posted under barlow biker

Putz said...

Weeelllll, I'll have to admit that those cool mountains look pretty inviting. But, the movies seem to win out more often than not. I would recommend "Oceans 13" to anyone. We had fun in our nice air conditioned theater. I even had to put my jacket on, well the diet Coke with lots of ice may have helped cool me down. Now, thats my idea of a perfect day. Oh, and you have to have popcorn too! Anyway its good we all enjoy different things and I'm am very glad Daniel is such an awesome biker! from mom

Becky Barlow said...

Movies and shopping in nice air-conditioned builings are not bad at all. Mom didn't add going out to dinner - no cooking and dishes! to end the "perfect" day. Even though we really didn't do that after the movie - I think we should have, the resteraunts are air-conditioned too. Don't worry, I still think going up to the mountains is fun - it sure is beautiful up there.

YZGuy said...

Why would anybody want to pedal up that damn hill when they could have a motor?

Daniel said...

Nobody does, I do it for exercise.

Skybob said...

I guess my point was that we all have our reasons for doing what we love.

Skybob said...

I do wish I was on the mountain however instead of in the valley working on our trailer! I guess I will have to wait for blue lake this time.